- This event has passed.
Connected and Calm: Mindfulness Tools for More Balance, Peace and Joy
September 23, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$120
**Six-week series: Wednesday evenings from September 23rd – October 28th 6:30-7:30pm** (NEW dates!)
Presented by: Ali Graham, Counselor, MA
Come experience mindfulness practices and learn new ways of going inside to cultivate more peace and relaxation in your day-to-day life. In this 6-Week series you’ll experience mindfulness practices and learn new ways of going inside to cultivate more peace and relaxation in your day-to-day life. This group is intended to help you discover and strengthen tools for accessing your higher self, so that you may live more fully in truth and be able to find ‘the calm amidst any storm.’ It is my goal to share a new roadmap for navigating your inner world. This class is open to anyone and everyone, no experience background required, just an open mind and the desire to grow and to know yourself more fully.
Ali’s training and professional background is in wellness and holistic health. She received a Bachelor’s Degree in Wellness and Alternative medicine and a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology at Johnson State College. Ali “is passionate about living a life full of health and happiness, and helping others to do the same.” Ali believes that being an active participant in life helps build health, vitality, happiness, motivation, self-esteem, and deeper connections with self, others and the world. The mind-body-spirit connection is at the heart of Graham’s practice. She helps her clients build and maintain a healthy lifestyle and integrate wellbeing into all areas of their inner and outer lives: physical, emotional, mental, social, work, relationships and spiritual.
In this class you will…
- learn the importance of self-awareness and how this mindful approach to living can allow you to quiet and relax the mind so that you can enjoy being in your daily life.
- learn how to bring your mindfulness practice beyond a yoga or meditation class and discover how to live as your authentic self throughout the day, life and in the world!
- Strengthen your connection with your true self so that you are able to navigate intense emotions like fear, anxiety and anger with more grace and ease.
As a result of this class you will also…
- Have access to simple meditation techniques that focus on breathing, mantra, guided visualizations, etc so that you can find an approach that is right for you.
- Receive handouts, information and resources for creating your own custom-tailored practice.
- Learn how to incorporate these techniques and tools into your daily life to feel more balanced, connected, and calm.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$120 for the 6-week series (or $20 per class)
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $140, $20 of which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.