- This event has passed.
Energized and Calm: A Custom-Tailored Yoga Experience
May 23, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am$90
Three-week series: Saturday mornings from 10:00-11:00am
Presented by: Lakshmi T. Plasha, E-RYT
Designed for adults struggling with depression, anxiety, addictions, or insomnia (mild or severe); this class will also serve those who want to explore an empowered approach to feeling better in both body and mind, through a tailored yoga experience.
The small group format allows for maximum individualized support and guidance so that you know exactly how to incorporate simple (yet powerful) yoga practices–creating the optimal conditions to experience balance between the body, mind and heart.
You’ll leave the 3-week series with an individualized set of postures, breathing exercises and/or meditations that will be refined as the weeks unfold to best suit each participant’s needs.
“I have never done a yoga class quite like this before and I have never enjoyed yoga so much!”
“I always left so relaxed and loved the tools we learned to use outside of class.”
Lakshmi was led to hatha yoga in 2003 in search of a quieter mind. In the summer of 2010 she moved to the Sivananda Ashram in Grass Valley, CA where she served her Guru, Swami Sitaramananda, and taught traditional Hatha yoga, over the next 10 months. Upon leaving the ashram she settled back in her roots of the Pacific Northwest where she taught and studied restorative and vinyasa yoga. Lakshmi moved to Vermont in the spring of 2012; it was then she began to recognize her calling in the therapeutic yoga realm; Lakshmi now specializes in meditation and yoga for both teen and adult Eating Disorders, Addiction, and Anxiety. Learn more about Lakshmi here.
In this class you will…
- Have expert guidance from one of our most skilled Yoga Therapists, Lakshmi Plasha, in a small group setting – which means more support and attention than a traditional yoga class; but, at a significantly lower cost than paying for private sessions.
- See results faster such as decreased anxiety, insomnia, depression or addictive tendencies through the custom-tailored approach.
- Whether you are brand new to yoga or more experienced, this class is a great opportunity to feel comfortable asking specific questions and getting support (which can sometimes feel intimidating or inaccessible in a traditional, large yoga class).
As a result of this class series you will…
- Leave with a better understanding of your body’s relationship with your mind and emotions.
- Have a daily practice that allows for a deep feeling of self empowerment and control over your emotions in daily life.
- In addition, you will also receive specific yoga sequences, email and phone support between sessions, breath techniques, and handouts when needed for additional support.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$90* for the 3–week series
*Please inquire about a sliding scale option for this class by calling us at 802-658-9440.
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.