- This event has passed.
April 23, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$120
Five-week series: Thursday evenings from April 23rd – May 21st, 6:00-7:30pm
Presented by: Lauren Fowler, RDN, CD
In this group, you’ll learn how to make healthy changes that are sustainable for life. Learn what a whole foods-based diet looks like for you and how to use food as medicine. We’ll explore the idea of moving away from diets and eating for nourishment without depriving yourself from your favorite foods. Learn how to decipher nutrition myths from facts. Leave with a personalized meal plan (that’ll give you the flexibility to still enjoy food you love while reaching your goals) and get access to easy, effective tips for incorporating these new changes into your busy lifestyle.
Lauren Fowler is a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist who views food as medicine to create a healthy body and healthy mind. She takes a no-diet approach and encourages eating whole foods while creating a healthy relationship with food. She helps clients improve their energy, digestion, hormones, relationship with food, and overall health through the power of whole foods. Learn more about Lauren here.
In this class you will…
- Understand fundamentals of nutrition through practical, easy to understand concepts that you can implement right away to have more energy, improved digestion and better health through eating whole foods.
- Gain a new perspective toward food as a way to control weight, calories/carbs/etc. into nourishment, energy, fuel, and pleasure.
- Learn how good nutrition can make all the difference in your life, whether it is balancing your weight, healing disease or using food as medicine.
- Learn the secrets to optimize healthy digestion and why it matters.
- Get access to powerful and effective tools for meal planning, food preparation, and recipe ideas.
- Experience and practice eating based on hunger and fullness, rather than calorie counting or portion sizes, so that you can have more freedom around food than ever before.
As a result of this class you will also…
- Feel confident in your ability to take better care of yourself.
- Feel empowered that you can improve your own health and well being, rather than relying on doctors, nutritionists, and other services you need to pay for.
- Practice developing sustainable habits over time and feel comfortable moving away from a calorie counting or diet-based nutritional approach and into a new way of eating and thinking about food that is fun, pleasurable, and effective in reaching your goals.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$120 for the 6-week series
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $150, $30 of which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.