- This event has passed.
Nutrition and Yoga for Healthy Digestion
March 12, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$45
Two Hour Workshop: Thursday, March 12th 5:30-7:30pm
Are you struggling with poor digestion or IBS-like symptoms?
Are you tired of feeling bad and worrying about how you’re going to feel after each meal?
Have you heard that “good digestion” is linked to more energy, clear skin, balanced weight, and less discomfort, yet you’re not really sure how it works or, more importantly, how this might work for you?
This 2-hour workshop will offer nutritional ways to improve your digestion through whole foods, mindful eating exercises, healing diets, and simple daily practices you can easily add into your life to start feeling better right away.
You will also experience therapeutic breath and yoga practices to release tension and stress in order to help your digestive system function at its best.
Join VTCIT’s own skilled Dietician and Therapeutic Yoga instructor as they guide you toward greater freedom through reducing, pain, discomfort, and anxiety so you can clean up your digestion, empower yourself with a new, customized skill set, and have more energy to live life on your own terms.
Amy’s practice and teaching shifted to Therapeutic Yoga after her own past injuries kept creeping in – affecting her practice and the things she loved to do. Amy’s personal experience lead her to developing a keen sense of awareness of how all the aspects of oneself are woven into an intricate web of connections: body, breath, mind, emotion and spirit all providing stimulus for one to navigate on a daily basis. Learn more about Amy here.
Lauren Fowler is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who helps clients use food as medicine to help improve or create health. She encourages whole foods as a healing tool for the body, as well as intuitive eating principles to create a healthy relationship with food. Learn more about Lauren here.
In this class you will…
- Gain a better understanding of the digestive system and how it can impact your mood, your health, and your life.
- Learn practical tools that will help you relieve the symptoms you are currently experiencing from poor digestion (bloating, constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, IBS, etc) so you no longer feel helpless or confused about how to manage your symptoms safely and naturally.
- Understand how nutrition and movement can supercharge the healing of your digestive system so that you don’t need to fear your food choices or have to worry about how you’re going to feel after eating out, while at a friends house, or traveling.
- See how stress effects digestion AND how to reverse it so you can feel better daily despite your busy life.
As a result of this class you will also…
- Have the awareness and powerful skills to access your own “inner tool kit” in moments of acute discomfort as well as how to incorporate preventative measures to feel better for the long run.
- Become your own best “health expert” by better understanding how your body works AND have a new sense of empowerment through feeling confident that you know EXACTLY what to do to help yourself feel better (and be able to share this with others too!).
- Discover mindful eating exercises to help the digestive system function at it’s peak level.
- As an added bonus, you’ll also receive information about elimination and healing diets to improve digestion and better understand your specific intolerances.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$45 for the two hour workshop
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $50, $5 of which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.