- This event has passed.
Restorative Yoga for Anxiety
November 20, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$150
Six-week series: Monday’s 1pm to 2pm
Presented by: Allison Rogers and Dominic Foti
This 1-hour yoga class is for participants who would like to ease their minds and energies while engaging in light yoga stretches, poses and guided meditations. Anxiety and stress of daily life (especially during shorter hours of daylight) can pay a major toll on a person’s physical and mental well being. This class will begin with discussion of how we deal currently with anxiety, and our goals towards finding a sense of calm from within. Light yoga stretches and poses that are designed to decrease feelings of stress/anxiety will be incorporated throughout, while ending in a calming guided meditation. All ages and yoga levels are welcome. Come find your calming breath in this 6 week course.
In this class you will…
- begin working with the mind and all its active wanderings so that you can begin to slow down, relax and feel more at ease.
- learn new ways to balance the nervous system at home, work, or school so that you can feel balanced and calm despite your active, busy life.
- develop new skills for deep relaxation and meditation that you can use throughout your life.
- practice both gentle and vigorous yoga sequences and breath techniques that soothe anxiety and bring a deeper sense of grounding and stability.
As a result of this class you will also…
- have a heightened awareness of your mental tendencies and how to work with them to feel better in your body, mind and life.
- develop a deeper awareness of breath and its relationship to the mind and body sensations while in a safe and deeply relaxing environment.
- create a solid foundation for a yoga practice if you are brand new to yoga, and a experience a deeper awareness of the meaning of Yoga (Union) and Yoga as a powerful therapy for those who already have an established practice.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$150 for the 6-week series