- This event has passed.
SPECIAL TRAINING! Exploring the Addictive Process: Compulsion, Craving and Codependence…an IFS Lens
March 10, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$175
SPECIAL ONE-DAY WORKSHOP: Tuesday, March 10th from 9:00am-4:00pm
Vermont Center for Integrative Therapy Presents:
A Rare Opportunity to Work with Top Internal Family Systems Lead Trainer and National Speaker Cece Sykes, LCSW
Exploring the Addictive Process: Compulsion, Craving and Codependence…an IFS Lens
Chocoholic, Workaholic, Alcoholic, Spendaholic….does everyone have an ‘addiction?’
In this weekend workshop we will identify the cycle of addictive process and discuss treatment approaches for a wide range of “Big A” and “small a” addictive activity. The impact of trauma and family legacy on the client’s healing process will also be addressed. How to identify and work with the challenges of co-dependent bonding will be examined, including its potential influence within the therapeutic relationship.
The workshop focus
- Dynamics of the addictive cycle
- Creating safe connection with “Big A” addiction and “small a” craving
- Trauma and compulsive protectors
- Exploring the impact of family legacy
- Defining co-dependent attachments
Cece Sykes, LCSW is an IFS Senior Trainer with over twenty five years of clinical experience with individuals, couples and families. Her practice includes working with the effects of trauma and addiction as well as a special interest in the impact of the therapeutic process on the therapist. She is currently in private practice; in the city of Chicago providing therapy and consultation.
We are thrilled to have Cece offering this workshop right here in Vermont. We hope you will take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn from one of the top IFS trainers in the country while also earning CEUs! (See below for details).
As a result of this workshop you will…
- Learn the dynamics of the addictive cycle through an IFS lens.
- Confidently lead clients through creating a safe connection with their cravings.
- Discover the impact of family legacy, trauma, and co-dependency when it comes to addictions and why this matters if you want your clients to see lasting change.
- Network with other local practitioners and receive up to 6 CEUs!
- Enjoy a delicious, beautiful catered lunch for no additional cost.
Tuesday, March 10th
One-Day Workshop: 9:00am-4:00pm
Cost: $175 plus earn 6 CEUs for an additional $15
SPECIAL: Bring a friend and both pay $145 (a $60 savings!)
A catered lunch will be provided and is included in the cost.
Space is limited and is expected to fill up quickly. Reserve your space today!
For further information email us here or call us today at 802-658-9440.
How to Sign Up and Reserve Your Spot:
1. Go to our “make a payment” page here and make your payment using a secure Paypal payment method. You must make your payment to reserve your spot. (Note: you’ll need to select the workshop then enter your information and the amount of $175 (or $145 if bringing a friend) then make the payment. You can also pay by phone by calling 802-658-9440).
2. We will send you confirmation details as we get closer to the event.
3. At the workshop you will receive materials for obtaining the CEUs for the course.
Vermont Center for Integrative Therapy
75 San Remo Drive
South Burlington, Vermont 05403
For further information and to register email us here or call us today at 802-658-9440.
Do I need to be a current IFS practitioner to attend?
No. This training is open to anyone looking to expand their knowledge base and skill set. The IFS model makes a great addition to other therapy models.
I am traveling from out of town…any suggestions for accommodations?
Yes. We are across the street from Green Mountain Suites and down the road from the Holiday Inn of South Burlington. Get a full list of nearby hotels here.
How do I apply for the CEUs?
You can fill out the necessary information to apply for the CEUs on the day of the training.
Do I need to pay for the training in advance?
Yes. Space is limited and will fill up so we need to receive your payment in advance. You can reserve your space by making your payment here.
What can I expect from the training?
A challenge that is also fun, an opportunity to learn the IFS model to identify and treat addiction, and how to empower your clients to incorporate this way of processing within themselves as well as an opportunity to explore your own inner world and working with your own parts. Also, check out the video with Cece here.
Where can I learn more about IFS?