- This event has passed.
Empowered Yoga for Tension, Stress, and Pain Relief
January 15, 2015 @ 8:45 am - 9:45 am$199
Eight-week series: Thursday mornings from January 15th – March 5th 8:45-9:45am
Presented by: Amy LePage-Hansen, Yoga Therapist
Wouldn’t it be great to move with ease in your body and enjoy life without the persistent pain or tension in your low back, neck or shoulders?
Here’s the good news: you don’t have to!
In our upcoming 8-week series you’ll learn lifelong skills for alleviating tension and pain naturally while reducing stress and tension in all areas of your life. This class is not designed to be a vigorous or “force-yourself-flexible” yoga practice. Instead you will be guided through small, simple, pure movements that empower you through creating new insights into how your body can move most easily and effortlessly.
You’ll leave this 8-week course feeling less stress, tension and pain and experiencing a greater awareness of daily habits that may be contributing to your discomfort without you knowing it.
You will also receive a personalized yoga practice that you’ll be able to take with you anywhere you go.
Amy’s practice and teaching shifted to Therapeutic Yoga after her own past injuries kept creeping in – affecting her practice and the things she loved to do. Amy’s personal experience lead her to developing a keen sense of awareness of how all the aspects of oneself are woven into an intricate web of connections: body, breath, mind, emotion and spirit all providing stimulus for one to navigate on a daily basis. Learn more about Amy here.
In this class you will…
- Experience increased body and breath awareness that will allow you to have more control over how you experience sensation in your body.
- Learn how your unique body is built so that you can move more easily in life, whether it is bending down to pick up groceries, putting on your ski boots, or playing with your children or grandchildren.
- Learn how to reduce tension, stress, and pain levels on your own without additional medications or outside help.
- Receive a simple, effective, and personalized practice that you can take home with you to continue your progress even after the course has ended.
- Experience a deep sense of self-empowerment as you step into a new relationship with your body and yourself and have the freedom to do more of what you love without pain holding you back.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.*
$199 for the 8-week series
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $209, $10 which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.
Secure your spot now by clicking here to make your payment.*
*A phone consultation is required before reserving your spot to make sure this is the right fit for you. Please contact Amy LePage at 802-778-0300 prior to signing up.