- This event has passed.
Yoga for Anxiety and Addiction
January 24, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm$150
Six-week series: Tuesdays Oct 11th – Nov 15th 4:30pm-5:45pm
Presented by: Lakshmi Plasha, E-RYT
Within anxiety, addictions can be born and feelings of claustrophobia within one’s skin arise and grow. This mind state has become a part of many people’s lives, whether minute or raging, affecting our health, relationships, mental stability, and especially, the sense of Self. The antidote to anxiety is relaxation, within the body and mind, allowing the breath to be the tide for all thought, clearing and renewing into emptiness. This class will begin with a gentle heat, fueling the body with breath-based movements, then slowing down for long, comfortable holds focusing on reducing stress through restful rejuvenation and meditation – a perfect way to start your week.
“I have never done a yoga class quite like this before and I have never enjoyed yoga so much!”
“I always left so relaxed and loved the tools we learned to use outside of class.”
Lakshmi was led to hatha yoga in 2003 in search of a quieter mind. In the summer of 2010 she moved to the Sivananda Ashram in Grass Valley, CA where she served her Guru, Swami Sitaramananda, and taught traditional Hatha yoga, over the next 10 months. Upon leaving the ashram she settled back in her roots of the Pacific Northwest where she taught and studied restorative and vinyasa yoga. Lakshmi moved to Vermont in the spring of 2012; it was then she began to recognize her calling in the therapeutic yoga realm; Lakshmi now specializes in meditation and yoga for both teen and adult Eating Disorders, Addiction, and Anxiety. Learn more about Lakshmi here.
In this class you will…
- begin working with the mind and all its active wanderings so that you can begin to slow down, relax and feel more at ease.
- learn new ways to balance the nervous system at home, work, or school so that you can feel balanced and calm despite your active, busy life.
- develop new skills for deep relaxation and meditation that you can use throughout your life.
- practice both gentle and vigorous yoga sequences and breath techniques that soothe anxiety and bring a deeper sense of grounding and stability.
As a result of this class you will also…
- have a heightened awareness of your mental tendencies and how to work with them to feel better in your body, mind and life.
- develop a deeper awareness of breath and its relationship to the mind and body sensations while in a safe and deeply relaxing environment.
- create a solid foundation for a yoga practice if you are brand new to yoga, and a experience a deeper awareness of the meaning of Yoga (Union) and Yoga as a powerful therapy for those who already have an established practice.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$150 for the 6-week series
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.