- This event has passed.
Relax and Refresh: An Experience in Autogenic Training
April 13, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$160
Eight-week series: Monday evenings from April 13th – June 1st 6:00-7:30pm
Presented by: Claudia Mullin, MS, LCMHC
The practice of Autogenic Training causes a state of relaxation so deep that fifteen minutes of training can make up for a sleepless night. Sound too good to be true? Read on. Autogenic Training has been used successfully in Europe by thousands of people in every walk of life for more than half a century. Studies have shown this practice to help individuals with a variety of disorders including stress, insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, migraine, high blood pressure, diabetes and digestive disorders. In this special 8-week series lead by VTCIT’s own Claudia Mullin, you’ll experience how the practices of Autogenic training can help you to create an “on-demand” relaxation state to heal your body, relax your mind, and transform your life. No experience is required, just an open mind and the desire to develop a truly transformative daily practice. Autogenic training is not for everyone, but those who are a good fit benefit tremendously from this practice. To see if this is the right fit for you please call Claudia at 802-658-9440.
Claudia Mullin is a licensed therapist who has been working in the field of mental health for over 15 years. She currently is in private practice at VTCIT where she works with individuals and couples. Claudia’s enduring interest in mind-body healing has led her to pursue many forms of relaxation and meditation. Autogenic Training was a technique she learned while studying in Germany. “Autogenic Training has positive effects on both the body and the mind. It takes some patience to learn, but this practice is very empowering and healing.” Learn more about Claudia here.
In this class you will…
- Learn how to directly influence the physiology of your body through creating deeply healing relaxation so that you can sleep better, reduce anxiety, reduce high blood pressure, and lessen chronic pain.
- Access a step-by-step Autogenic Training method to begin to train your brain to access this place of calm and relaxation “on-demand” so that you can improve your overall health, moderate your emotions, change behaviors, and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.
- Learn how to create a regular practice that allows you to access a deep meditative state that will help you find a place of calm, and focus despite life’s swirling demands (and reap the transformative benefits in other areas of your life as well!)
As a result of this class you will also…
- Have weekly “check-ins” where you can access your progress, ask questions, and get personalized recommendations and support.
- Have the accountability and support of a group setting to stick with your practice, knowing that you have this time carved out of your schedule to focus on you.
- Receive handouts, information and resources for creating your own home practice that you can maintain and develop long after the class series is through.
Ready to sign up? Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$160 for the 8-week series
*Insurance may cover the cost of this program. Please call for more information.
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $160, $15 of which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.